วันเสาร์ที่ 5 กุมภาพันธ์ พ.ศ. 2565

The Citrusy Food You Want in Your Life Right Now

You're simply the zest.
 ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌  ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌  ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌  ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌  ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌  ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌  ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌  ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ 
The Spruce Daily
Go Out and Squeeze the Day!
Go Out and Squeeze the Day!
Victoria Heydt, Editorial Project Manager
Lately, I have this soul-deep hankering for citrus-forward fare. After the heavy, stick-to-your-ribs meals that naturally pair with hibernating in one's home during winter, my palate is craving something brighter, lighter, and more effervescent. Citrus does just that.
 
The floral flavors of blood orange, the tartness of lime, the brightness of lemon, and the delightfully sweet-and-sour nature of grapefruit seem to sing to my tastebuds, calling to them like a siren luring in passing seafarers.
 
Since the new year, I start most mornings the same way, crafting the perfect breakfast tacos, which I sprinkle with tajin and lime juice, and lather in hot sauce. On the rare occasion I don't make a breakfast taco, I whip up some fluffy scrambled eggs with a side of toast that I smother in marmalade.
 
On the menu for next week is this colorful citrus salad that boasts the crispness of radicchio, the delicate, anise-like flavor of fennel, and the freshness of mint. Paired with pops of blood orange, navel orange, and grapefruit and topped with a honey-citrus dressing and some grilled shrimp, it's the perfect solution to a mundane lunch rut.
 
For my second lunch (yes, I eat more than one lunch), I like this Thai rice noodle salad with chili lime vinaigrette. It features vermicelli rice noodles, a whole host of fresh veggies, and coarsely-chopped peanuts. Yum!
 
For dinner, I'm going to take my seafood cravings even further and make one (or all three) of these ceviches: shrimp, classic Peruvian, and salmon ceviche with mango. The acid of the lime juice cooks the raw shrimp, white fish, and salmon, and creates a delightful dish that will not make me feel guilty if (read *when*) I eat the whole serving.
 
For dessert, I want to try out this Old-fashioned blood orange upside down cake my colleague and friend, Lauryn Bodden, developed. I love me some bourbon and blood orange, and this delectable dessert sounds like a delightful marriage between the two.
 
To finish off my weekly menu, I plan on finally trying my hand at creating my favorite cocktail: a Last Word. Equal parts gin, Green Chartreuse Liqueur, maraschino liqueur, and fresh lime juice combine together to create a timeless classic.
 
With the new year in toe, what are some bright and vibrant flavor profiles are you looking forward to the most? Let us know on Facebook and Instagram @thespruceeats.
 
Victoria Heydt
Editorial Project Manager, The Spruce Eats
READ MORE
Today On The Spruce
Citrus-Forward Fare
Thai Rice Noodle Salad
Thai Rice Noodle Salad
Salmon Ceviche with Mango
Citrus Salad With Fennel and Honey Dressing
Citrus Salad With Fennel and Honey Dressing
Old-Fashioned Blood Orange Sheet Cake
Today On The Spruce
The Spruce Eats on YouTube
Breakfast Recipes
Up Your Brunch Game With These Breakfast Recipes
Watch & Learn
Spruce Eats Banner
Today On The Spruce

Did somebody forward you this email? Sign Up for The Spruce Eats Newsletter!

Have feedback? Send us an email at contact@thespruceeats.com, subject line: Newsletter Feedback.
The Spruce
Follow us:  
You are receiving this newsletter because you subscribed to The Spruce Eats newsletter. Unsubscribe
© 2022 Dotdash.com — All rights reserved. Privacy Policy.
A DOTDASH BRAND 28 Liberty Street, 7th Floor, New York, NY, 10005

ไม่มีความคิดเห็น: