วันพุธที่ 10 พฤศจิกายน พ.ศ. 2564

How to Host a Small Thanksgiving Gathering

Let the gravy boats set sail!
 ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌  ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌  ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌  ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌  ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌  ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌  ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌  ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ 
The Spruce Daily
Today On The Spruce
Let the Gravy Boats Set Sail
Let the Gravy Boats Set Sail
READ MORE
Victoria Heydt
You've decided to tackle hosting for the holidays. Good for you! But, where should you even begin? Well, buckle up, buttercup, because this gravy boat is about to set sail.
 
The holidays are a time of laughter, celebration, love, and food (obviously, food). Where we gather with our closest friends and family, and sit around and reminisce about days of yore (or something of that ilk). We stuff our faces with tender turkey, flavorful chateaubriand (if you're feeling fancy), creamy mashed potatoes (I like mine with Greek yogurt), your favorite side dish, and, to finish the food coma off, a slice of one of my favorite variations of the quintessential American dessert—caramel apple pie.
 
Whether new to hosting or a seasoned pro, the holidays can also be a time of stress, frustration, and a wee bit anxiety-inducing, especially when it comes to figuring out how much food you need per person or, more importantly, how much wine you need per person. (The answer is all of the wine.)
 
Fresh from recently catering a small charity event this past week for the Miracle League, I'm here to share my pro planning tips and tricks to help you host a fun and festive event, without the side of stress.
 
Number of Attendees and Date: First thing's first, I figure out how many people will be attending and when I'll be hosting my event.
Create a Menu: From there, I decide on my menu. Do I have any people with dietary restrictions that I need to account for (e.g. vegan, gluten-free, keto)? I happen to be a lover of spreadsheets (Google Sheets, if I haven't told you lately, I love you) so I keep my menu there, along with the details of the date, time of the event, and the dietary needs of any guests.
Create a Shopping List: Using the aforementioned spreadsheet, I copy and paste the ingredients and steps for each recipe into their own tabs (this helps to reference everything in one space). Then, once I have a good idea of ALL of the ingredients that I will need to kick off this shindig, I combine those ingredients into a "Shopping List" tab in the beginning of the spreadsheet. I'm a bit extra, so I categorize my shopping ingredients by the aisle/department I can find them in so I'm not spending more time in the grocery store than necessary. If you want to cut the time down by even more, try buying your turkey online this year and having it delivered straight to your door. (Takes note to try this out this year…)
Create a Plan: Timing is critical when hosting, especially before and on gameday, so I like to create a plan. What can I make ahead of time so that I'm not cooking every single item day-of? How far in advance will I need to thaw my turkey if it's frozen? Which recipe has a longer prep time or cook time that needs to be addressed first so that it can bake while I am tackling other recipes? What can I cook in an instant pot? What can guests bring to make my life easier? (Let one hand wash the other.)
Clean Up Along the Way: Speaking of washing, as an avid host, I've dealt with my fair share of scaling "Dish Mountain." If possible, I highly recommend cleaning up (or having a helper help you clean up) as you are cooking. This will make the end of the night A LOT easier, and you'll be able to focus on your time with your guests rather than getting distracted by the looming pots and pans that are bubbling over in your kitchen.
Toast: Grab yourself a glass of wine, something with a bit more holiday spirit, or a fun and festive mocktail and toast yourself for the hard work you put in and the successful dinner you pulled off. You did it!
What are your tried and true tips and tricks for hosting during the holidays? Let us know on Facebook and Instagram @thespruceeats.
 
Victoria Heydt
Editorial Project Manager, The Spruce Eats
Today On The Spruce
What to Make This Week
Roasted Maple and Orange-Glazed Turkey
Roasted Maple and Orange-Glazed Turkey
This incredibly delicious turkey requires only 15 minutes of preparation.
Get the Recipe
Creamy Garlic Mashed Potatoes
Roasted garlic adds a sweet nuttiness to this time-honored side dish.
Get the Recipe
The Best Gluten-Free Stuffing Ever
My New Favorite Stuffing
Everyone has a favorite stuffing recipe, this new recipe is now mine.
Get the Recipe
Chocolate Bourbon Pecan Pie
A textural delight that combines crunchy nuttiness with gooey, sticky filling.
Get the Recipe
Today On The Spruce
The Spruce Eats on YouTube
9 Super Tasty Thanksgiving Sides
9 Super Tasty Thanksgiving Sides to Try This Holiday Season
Watch & Learn
Spruce Eats Banner
More From The Spruce Eats
Deep-Fried Turkey Rub
A Super Luxurious 24-Hour Gravy
Instant Pot Cranberry Sauce
Today On The Spruce

Did somebody forward you this email? Sign Up for The Spruce Eats Newsletter!

Have feedback? Send us an email at contact@thespruceeats.com, subject line: Newsletter Feedback.
The Spruce
Follow us:  
You are receiving this newsletter because you subscribed to The Spruce Eats newsletter. Unsubscribe
© 2021 Dotdash.com — All rights reserved. Privacy Policy.
A DOTDASH BRAND 28 Liberty Street, 7th Floor, New York, NY, 10005

ไม่มีความคิดเห็น: