วันพุธที่ 29 กันยายน พ.ศ. 2553

About House & Home: Easy Tips for Green Living

If you can't see this email, click here

About.com


From Diane Schmidt, your About House & Home Editor
With all the attention on green living, it's hard to know what kinds of changes can really make a difference in the size of our footprint or help us reduce the amount of waste we produce. But our Guides are here to help with some easy and fun ways to create a greener, cleaner world.

Start Composting
I think I've said it before here, but composting is actually a lot of fun. And something the entire family can do - together. Because what kid doesn't like to play in the dirt? Especially if it involves building stuff, watching garbage decompose and worms - don't forget the worms.

Go Guerrilla Garage Sale Shopping
I have a friend who we call the queen of the mean-deal. She can spot an amazing garage sale item from the driver's seat of a car. She can also haggle with the best of them. But she claims it's really all about reusing and recycling and if it happen to save her money, well, that's a bonus.

Just One Veggie Meal a Week
I confess. I'm a vegetarian. I'm the only member of my family who is and it can make mealtimes a little harder to negotiate. So I was really happy to read this article that suggests we can help save the planet (and your wallet) by going veggie once a week.

Get Your Garage Ready for an Electric Car
I can't wait for the day I can plug in my car like I do my flatiron, no longer needing to wait in line at a gas pump. And it's coming. Soon. Find out how to get your house ready for the next wave of green commuting.

 


House & Home Ads
Featured Articles
Trash to Treasure Crafts
Become an Architect
Plants You Can't Kill
Where to Get a Mortgage
How Much Does it Cost to Have a Horse?
Get Rid of a Used Sofa

 

More from About.com

Is it a Cold or the Flu?
Knowing whether you have a cold or the flu can help you treat your symptoms more effectively. More>



Concerned About Your Drinking?
This short quiz can help you identify whether or not you have a drinking problem. More>




 
Sign up for more free newsletters on your favorite topics
You are receiving this newsletter because you subscribed to the About House & Home newsletter. If you wish to change your email address or unsubscribe, please click here.

About respects your privacy: Our Privacy Policy

Contact Information:
249 West 17th Street
New York, NY, 10011

© 2010 About.com
 

Advertisement

ไม่มีความคิดเห็น: