วันพุธที่ 18 พฤศจิกายน พ.ศ. 2552

About House & Home: Thanksgiving Planning Guide

About.com    House & Home
In the Spotlight | More Topics |
  from Diane Schmidt
I remember my first Thanksgiving away from home. I hosted dinner for friends with all the fixings. Of course, I wasn't ready for the complicated tasks of preparing the feast. I think I spent the entire holiday on the phone to my mother who not only offered me her sage advice, but also talked me down from ordering out for pizza instead.

 
In the Spotlight
Organize Your Thanksgiving
My mother told me that much of a dinner's success lies in careful planning. I was 19. Back then I didn't plan very much so I didn't see why it was so important until some of my guests failed to arrive. I'd forgotten a key ingredient of a successful party: make sure everyone has the right address.

 
           More Topics
What You'll Need to Cook Thanksgiving Dinner
I could have used this list. Instead, I had to improvise. First, my tiny apartment oven was too small to cook the massive turkey, which meant using my next door neighbor's oven for most of the day. Then, when I went to base the bird, I had to use a paintbrush that I'd rescued from the bottom of a box where I'd stashed my old art supplies.

 
Thanksgiving Crafts and Activities
Activities are always a good idea. If I had planned some fun games for my guests to engage in while I frantically prepared dinner, they might not have noticed that things were a little disorganized.

 
 
Sponsored Links
 
Home Allergy Center
Quick Cleaning Tricks
These easy shortcuts and tips will help keep rid your home of grime, dust and other allergens. More >

House & Home Ads
Advertisement
 
 
Visit Related About GuideSites:
Antiques Apartment Living/Rental Architecture
Entertaining Home Buying/Selling Home Repair
Interior Decorating Landscaping  
Search About   

 
Sign up for more free newsletters on favorite topics.

You are receiving this newsletter because you subscribed to the About House & Home newsletter as batman8672@GMAIL.COM. If you wish to change or remove your email address, please visit:
http://www.about.com/nl/usgs.htm?nl=househomesl&e=batman8672@GMAIL.COM

About respects your privacy. Our Privacy Policy.

Our Contact Information.
249 West 17th Street
New York, NY, 10011

© 2008 About, Inc.

ไม่มีความคิดเห็น: