วันพุธที่ 20 ตุลาคม พ.ศ. 2553

About House & Home: Decorate Like a Pro

If you can't see this email, click here

About.com


From Diane Schmidt, your About House & Home Editor
I'm not one of those people who have a strong decorating gene. In fact, my husband gets nervous every time I head to the do-it-yourself store to purchase another can of paint. I swear that this time will be different. This time I'm going in armed with the best advice on home decorating - everything from creating a cohesive space to tips on how to freshen up your home without breaking the bank.

Decorate Rooms So They Work Together
Okay, so this is a problem in our home. Nothing matches. There's no flow. Each room was painted on a whim and obviously my whims lack cohesion. It's time to start over with this easy-to-use guide to getting your rooms to work together.

Freshen Up a Room (For Less Than $15)
Aunt Mable used to say that the best way to freshen up a room was to move Uncle George to the basement then twist open an air freshener stick. While this was fairly cost-effective, it only served to make Uncle George crabby and the room smell like a perfume counter. Since freshening up a room isn't just about smell, but creating a new look, I much prefer the solutions this article offers.

Basic Interior Design Principles
I think this is my problem. I never start with the basics. While my mother always told me that you have to walk before you can run, I keep skipping the first step. But reading through these design principles I can see that the first steps are key to ensuring not only that you'll run, but that you don't trip and skin your knee along the way.

Decorate Your Living Room with Feng Shui
Here are more tools for my decorating tool belt. Things like creating a sanctuary where once stood chaos. Like in our living room. It helps to picture flow, to imagine how the space might feel if I follow some of these helpful tips.

 


House & Home Ads
Featured Articles
School Scrapbook Page Ideas
Should Pets Wear Costumes?
Pumpkin Container Planter
Pink Ribbon Gifts
How to Jump Start A Car
Network Media Player Basics

 

More from About.com

Is it a Cold or the Flu?
Knowing whether you have a cold or the flu can help you treat your symptoms more effectively. More >



Concerned About Your Drinking?
This short quiz can help you identify whether or not you have a drinking problem. Take the quiz now >




 
Sign up for more free newsletters on your favorite topics
You are receiving this newsletter because you subscribed to the About House & Home newsletter. If you wish to change your email address or unsubscribe, please click here.

About respects your privacy: Our Privacy Policy

Contact Information:
249 West 17th Street
New York, NY, 10011

© 2010 About.com
 

Advertisement

ไม่มีความคิดเห็น: