วันพุธที่ 10 กุมภาพันธ์ พ.ศ. 2553

About House & Home: How to Win a Gold Medal

If you can't see this email, click here

About.com


From Diane Schmidt, Your About House & Home Editor.
Even though we live in Vancouver, I didn't think the Olympics would impact my life much. But there's something about the Games that infects its host city residents with a good dose of inspiration. Wouldn't it be great, I thought, if this kind of excitement could extend beyond the two weeks and to every part of our lives? I know I'd be more likely to pick-up the floor mop if I could be a contender for the gold in housekeeping.

Gold Medal Garage Conversion
Our neighbors took their uninsulated garage and turned it into a one-room guest house that is now hosting their in-laws. Dave deserves a gold medal for converting a space that once stored all the junk that couldn't fit into their house into a cozy home away from home. Just don't ask him what he did with all that stuff.

9 Tips For Speed Cleaning
I'll admit it. I hate housecleaning. There are always better things I could be doing with my time, like mowing the lawn with a pair of children's scissors. But if I can cut my total cleaning time in half, then not only will I be happier, but cleaner, too.

Organize Your Closet Quickly
Closet organizing should definitely be a gold medal event. After all, just to finish is an accomplishment. At least around here. Usually, I get part way through and get so overwhelmed I need to lie down. But these quick tip methods may just be the thing I need to cross that finish line - finally.

Marketing Your Home for a Faster Sale
Friends of ours decided at the last minute to sell their condo in Whistler thinking they could fetch a good price for people wanting a front-row seat to the Games. But Judy left the marketing to Pete, which consisted of their 10-year old son standing on the balcony with a placard that couldn't be read from the road. Needless-to-say, Pete could've used some marketing advice.

 


House & Home Ads
Featured Articles
Toxic Foods for Birds
Will Old Seeds Grow?
Woodturning 101
Install New Windshield Wipers
Birthday Party Planning Guide
5 Tools To Help You Move

 

More from About.com

Managing Dog Behavior Problems
Understanding common dog behavior problems like barking, biting, and chewing is key to handling them appropriately. More >

Healthy Bodies, Healthy Minds
Keep yourself, and your family, happy and healthy this fall with these tips. More >


 
Sign up for more free newsletters on your favorite topics
You are receiving this newsletter because you subscribed to the About House & Home newsletter. If you wish to change your email address or unsubscribe, please click here.

About respects your privacy: Our Privacy Policy

Contact Information:
249 West 17th Street
New York, NY, 10011

© 2010 About.com
 

Advertisement

ไม่มีความคิดเห็น: