วันพุธที่ 24 กุมภาพันธ์ พ.ศ. 2553

About House & Home: How to Save All Kinds of Things

If you can't see this email, click here

About.com


From Diane Schmidt, your About House & Home Editor
With tax season looming, Christmas spending still showing up on our credit cards and the lure of tropical vacations that will put a big dent in our budget, we all need to do a little more saving... but not just money, all kinds of things from food to old furniture that's ready for the trash.

All About Preserving Food
I opened the freezer the other day to find at least 5 pounds of frozen strawberries that a friend had given me last summer. Now, freezing the berries was a quick way to preserve them from the summer heat, but the thought of making strawberry jam in the middle of February is much more appealing.

Save Someone From the Cold
It's inspiring to know that everyone, no matter what you're good at doing, can help out someone who isn't so fortunate. Check out these amazing (and inspiring) quilts that will not only add warmth to a person's life, but beauty, too.

Save Old Furniture from the Trash
I've always been a dumpster diver. Even now that I'm older and can afford to buy new, I still like the challenge of taking a piece of furniture that someone else thought belonged in the trash and turning it into something that I truly love.

How Do I Save a Shrunken Wool Sweater?
I recently shrank my husband's favorite wool sweater. I was secretly glad since I was a little tired of seeing him wear it so often. But then I came across this great article and I'm afraid that now my husband is back wearing that ugly green sweater that makes him look like a six-foot leprechaun.

 


House & Home Ads
Featured Articles
Make the Color Brown Work in Your Home
Westminster Dog Show 2010
Teach Kids to Do Laundry
How to Buy & Care for Wood Furniture
Wonders of Ancient Egypt
Find a Roommate... Fast!

 

More from About.com

Managing Dog Behavior Problems
Understanding common dog behavior problems like barking, biting, and chewing is key to handling them appropriately. More >

Healthy Bodies, Healthy Minds
Keep yourself, and your family, happy and healthy this fall with these tips. More >


 
Sign up for more free newsletters on your favorite topics
You are receiving this newsletter because you subscribed to the About House & Home newsletter. If you wish to change your email address or unsubscribe, please click here.

About respects your privacy: Our Privacy Policy

Contact Information:
249 West 17th Street
New York, NY, 10011

© 2010 About.com
 

Advertisement

ไม่มีความคิดเห็น: