วันพุธที่ 12 พฤศจิกายน พ.ศ. 2551

About House & Home: Get Ready for the Holidays

About.com    House & Home
In the Spotlight | More Topics |
  from Diane Schmidt
The older I get, the more time seems to scurry by without any regard for my need to have it slow down. Take the holidays, for instance. Not only are the Halloween decorations still in place, but now my husband insists on installing the Christmas lights regardless of the cobwebs and hay bales and tombstones. Frankly, I wouldn't mind just keeping all the decorations up - permanently. Of course, the number of neighborhood invites we'd receive would probably be reduced down to...ah..zero.

 
In the Spotlight
10 Week Holiday Organizing Plan
Okay, so there aren't 10 weeks left until the holidays. In fact, it's a lot less than that. Personally, I'm afraid to count, so instead I'm sticking to the 10-week plan starting today. Or maybe tomorrow...

 
           More Topics
Great Holiday Gifts You Can Make
I've never been a crafty person. I'm not good with a needle and thread. My husband takes his shirts to the tailors when he needs a button. But this year, I'm determined to save some money, and instead invest time into making my own gifts. Of course, I'll probably garner more pleasure from the process than the recipient will when they receive a winter hat that looks like something from Dr. Seuss.

 
Outdoor Christmas Lighting
Okay, so I gave into my husband's request to put up the Christmas lights even though I think it's way too early. He claimed afterward, once the twinkling lights were in place, that the cobwebs look like snowdrifts, the hay bales like our home is awaiting Santa's reindeer and the tombstones look like...well, tombstones.

 
 
Sponsored Links
 
Best Moves in a Bad Economy
Save & Invest the Right Way
Find out how to beat a bear market, make smart choices, and keep your cool even when the economy is unpredictable.

House & Home Ads
Advertisement
 
 
Visit Related About GuideSites:
Antiques Apartment Living/Rental Architecture
Entertaining Home Buying/Selling Home Repair
Interior Decorating Landscaping  
Search About   

 
Sign up for more free newsletters on favorite topics.

You are receiving this newsletter because you subscribed to the About House & Home newsletter as batman8672@GMAIL.COM. If you wish to change or remove your email address, please visit:
http://www.about.com/nl/usgs.htm?nl=househomesl&e=batman8672@GMAIL.COM

About respects your privacy. Our Privacy Policy.

Our Contact Information.
249 West 17th Street
New York, NY, 10011

© 2008 About, Inc.

ไม่มีความคิดเห็น: