วันพุธที่ 11 กันยายน พ.ศ. 2556

About Home: Plan Some Cool Weather Fun

If you can't see this email, click here

About


From Diane Schmidt, your About Home Editor
Even though most of us are still enjoying some warm days, the evenings and early mornings remind us that the cold weather is just around the corner. And with the cooler days comes time in front of the fire, when you can spend long evenings working on projects that you swore you'd finish last season. This week, we're providing some great ideas to keep you inside when it's cold outside, all the while adding wonderful touches to your home decor.

Domino Quilt Block Pattern
While I don't profess to be a quilter, there is nothing more beautiful and comforting than a quilt made by hand. My aunt and her cousins gave me one for my wedding and it's something I treasure and hang on our living room wall to remind me of the love and joy put into every stitch. This domino quilt block is the perfect pattern for beginners and experts alike and would make a great gift for a new bride or a new baby. It's that beautiful and versatile.

Easy Knitting Patterns
My knitting skills are a little more advanced than my quilting, but I still look for patterns that I can start in the fall and complete by Christmas. Just like these patterns - they'll help you make the perfect gift for all the people on your list, plus help perfect your needle skills.

Learn to Sew By Hand
My mother was an amazing hand sewer. She could stitch together a new dress in a matter of days and was forever darning socks and sewing on buttons with very little effort. I'm embarrassed to admit that I don't sew, not even buttons. But because I found this incredible guide to sewing by hand, I'm going to start doing my own stitching - and you can, too.

Wood Finishing Tips
We're in the middle of hosting family members and had to purchase a few extra dining chairs. Unfortunately, the wooden chairs that match our current set came unfinished. While I'm not known for my painting skills, I found finishing the chairs easier than I ever thought possible. These tips will help you decide not only what type of finish to use, but how to apply it with an expert hand.

 


Related Searches
Featured Articles
Lighting the Kitchen Counter
911 Etiquette
Keep Chickens in the City
How Green is Your College?
Garbage Disposal Troubleshooting
Small Laundry Room Ideas

 

More from About.com

Run Your First 5K
Even couch potatoes can be ready for a 5K with just a couple months of training. Read more...>



Help! I'm Too Busy
Time and stress management tips to help you feel as though you have more time. Read more...>




 
Sign up for more free newsletters on your favorite topics
You are receiving this newsletter because you subscribed to the About.com Home newsletter. If you wish to change your email address or unsubscribe, please click here.

About.com respects your privacy: Our Privacy Policy

Contact Information:
1500 Broadway, 6th Floor
New York, NY, 10036

© 2013 About.com
 

Advertisement

ไม่มีความคิดเห็น: