วันพุธที่ 10 กรกฎาคม พ.ศ. 2556

About Home: Summer Bugs be Gone

If you can't see this email, click here

About


From Diane Schmidt, your About Home Editor
We once spent ten days in the Amazon jungle. Every night we'd awaken to the sound of something chewing, like it hadn't eaten for days. I finally caught sight of the perpetrator. It was a bug that I swear was twice as big as my cat. From then on I stuffed cotton in my ears, made sure the mosquito net was securely tucked in and kept a large hiking boot next to my pillow.

How to Get Rid of Ants
Ants are a pretty common site at summertime picnics, but not so common crawling across your kitchen counter. I can put up with them in the wilds of my local park, but not in the comforts of my own home. If you've spotted ants in your home, find out how to get rid of them with these easy-to-follow solutions.
Search Related Topics:  rodents in the house  baits  fire ants

DEET vs. Natural Insect Repellents
Our trip to the Amazon also saw us buying all the DEET we could carry. But had I known about natural insect repellents, I would've left the DEET behind. But if you're still not convinced, check out this informative article that compares DEET to natural products - you might be surprised at the results.

How to Control Garden Pests
We recently moved to a new gardening zone that I'm completely baffled by, not only because of the wide variety of plants I can grow but by the uncommon (to me, anyway) pests that have appeared. I was so glad to have found this guide to controlling pests without the use of harmful chemicals that can affect the good bugs, butterflies and bees.
Search Related Topics:  vegetable gardening  organic gardening  pest control

How to Attract Beneficial Insects to Your Garden
Not all bugs are bad. Recently I added container tomato plants to our upstairs patio. What I forgot was that some bees won't fly that high, especially if there's enough good stuff on the ground. I finally added pots of flowers and the bees arrived. Where would we be without them? I know I'd be at the market haggling over the price of tomatoes.
Search Related Topics:  wildflowers  native plants  invasive plants

 


Related Searches
Featured Articles
Swap Out Your Showerhead
The Best Place to Sell Your Stuff
Free Summer Paper Piecing Patterns
A Different Kind of Break-In
Benefits Of Installing Drip Irrigation
Three Unique Dog Toys

 

More from About.com

Run Your First 5K
Even couch potatoes can be ready for a 5K with just a couple months of training. Read more...>



Help! I'm Too Busy
Time and stress management tips to help you feel as though you have more time. Read more...>




 
Sign up for more free newsletters on your favorite topics
You are receiving this newsletter because you subscribed to the About.com Home newsletter. If you wish to change your email address or unsubscribe, please click here.

About.com respects your privacy: Our Privacy Policy

Contact Information:
1500 Broadway, 6th Floor
New York, NY, 10036

© 2013 About.com
 

Advertisement

ไม่มีความคิดเห็น: