วันพุธที่ 1 กุมภาพันธ์ พ.ศ. 2555

About House & Home: Home Fix it Guides

If you can't see this email, click here

About.com


From Diane Schmidt, your About House & Home Editor
I was at our auto mechanic's the other day, and nearly fainted when he showed me the estimate for repairs to our car. He was going to charge me $150 just to replace two bulbs. Which forced me to think about the other repairs around the house that I had paid people to do, simple jobs that I could probably do myself with the right help.

Replace Your Headlight Bulb
So no, I didn't have our mechanic change the light bulbs. Instead, I found this guide to doing it myself. Not only did I save $150, but also felt pretty good about mastering the art of light bulb changing.
See More About:  regular maintenance  electrical  lights

Appliance Repair Projects
Two weeks ago our dishwasher failed to start. Now, I hate doing dishes so this sent me into panic mode. Ended up we needed a new dishwasher, but instead of paying for someone else to install it, I should've referred to this informative guide and installed it myself.

Top 6 Home Repair Tutorials
This is a great list of home repair guides that will walk you through some of the simplest, yet most costly repairs, such as cleaning gutters, unclogging a sink and repairing drywall.

Plumbing Problems and How To Fix Them
Calling a plumber always makes me sweat. Not because I have a burst pipe or a back-up in my bathtub, but because I know I'll need to take out a second mortgage just to pay the repair bill. That is until I found this guide to solving the most common plumbing problems.
See More About:  plumbing basics  diy plumbing  slow drains

 


House & Home Ads
Featured Articles
Home Buying Mistakes
Do You Qualify for Senior Housing?
The Problem with Fluorescent Lights
Controlling Pantry Pests
How to Build Closet Shelves
Top 10 Flea Market Finds

 

More from About.com

Top 10 Skin Myths
How do you know the information and advice you get about your skin is true? Start with this article, which debunks some of the the most persistent myths out there. More>



Living with Infertility
Infertility is extremely difficult emotionally, and it's easy to start feeling overwhelmed. Here are 10 ways to cope and keep infertility from taking over your life. More>




 
Sign up for more free newsletters on your favorite topics
You are receiving this newsletter because you subscribed to the About House & Home newsletter. If you wish to change your email address or unsubscribe, please click here.

About respects your privacy: Our Privacy Policy

Contact Information:
249 West 17th Street
New York, NY, 10011

© 2012 About.com
 

Advertisement

ไม่มีความคิดเห็น: