วันพุธที่ 14 กรกฎาคม พ.ศ. 2553

About House & Home: Prepare Your Home for Summer Guests

If you can't see this email, click here

About.com


From Diane Schmidt, your About House & Home Editor
Our household is in complete chaos. We have summer guests arriving in just over a week and our place isn't anywhere near ready. My husband promised to turn his office into another spare bedroom, but as the days slip by, it seems the space is becoming more of a storage closet (full of the things he promised to get rid of) rather than a place for our two nephews to sleep.

Modern Sleepers for Summer Guests
Part of the problem of having summer house guests is finding enough places for people to sleep. Investing in a good quality sofa bed is one option. I really like that sofa beds no longer look like my grandmother's couch. I swear I still have a bruise on my hip from when I was eight and picked the shortest straw.

Need More Room? Fast Remodeling Projects
Other areas of the house can also be problematic. We're trying to decide if our sun porch should be turned into a dining room or whether the kitchen can accommodate so many chefs. There isn't time to remodel every room, but some of these quick projects will serve two purposes: provide more space and keep my husband busy so I can clean out his office.

9 Ways to Clean When You're Hosting Guests
This is something I always wonder about. How do I keep our place clean while still trying to host? I hate the thought of spending time or energy when all I want to do is relax with my guests. Besides, I can't fathom how I'll keep up with twin boys who insist that every fabric surface is their own personal hand towel.

Natural Repellents for Unwanted Summer Guests
There are always summer guests you don't want around. Growing up, it was my second cousin. Today, it's the mosquitoes that'll eat my guests alive if we dare set foot outside. So I was glad to find out that some products I have around the house will keep us all bite-free and smelling good. And considering we'll be living in cramped quarters, that's a win-win!

 


House & Home Ads
Featured Articles
Are You Using the Right Bit?
Make a Bamboo Wind Chime
10 Tips for Urban Chicken Keepers
Keep Cool (Without the AC)
What Makes a Home Green?
How to Feng Shui Your Bedroom

 

More from About.com

Plan a Unique Vegas Wedding
The minister, music and champagne are just the beginning -- why not get married aboard a helicopter or have a pirate swing in to deliver your rings? Arrrr! More>



Join About.com's User Panel!
Share your opinions and help us make About.com more relevant, informative and enjoyable to use. More>




 
Sign up for more free newsletters on your favorite topics
You are receiving this newsletter because you subscribed to the About House & Home newsletter. If you wish to change your email address or unsubscribe, please click here.

About respects your privacy: Our Privacy Policy

Contact Information:
249 West 17th Street
New York, NY, 10011

© 2010 About.com
 

Advertisement

ไม่มีความคิดเห็น: